I’ve recently started helping people by offering feedback, advice, and sometimes really just an outsider’s perspective.
Here are a few things I can help you with:
- Business ideas: Struggling to decide what idea to pursue? Looking for feedback on a specific idea? Unsure if you should sell a project?
- Newsletter growth: Struggling to grow your newsletter? Looking for better ways to monetize it? Need some brutally honest audit of your recent emails?
- Twitter growth: Struggling to get more followers? Looking for better ways to come up with content ideas? Need some brutally honest feedback on your recent tweets?
- Writing: Struggling with writer’s block? Looking for new ways to find readers? Need some honest feedback?
- Web scraping: Struggling to scrape data from a specific site? No idea where to best get data for a project? Confused about how to set up a specific automation?
Here’s how it works:
- You can submit your questions in written form or by recording a short video. I wil then answer them asynchonously by recording a 10-20 minute, private video, packed with personalized advice, ideas, and feedback.
What people are saying
“Thank you so much for your views! Resonated a lot and it was along the lines of what I was thinking but it’s really great getting external validation from someone who’s done it before taking the leap.” - Bruno Nogueira
“This was great. Gave me some really valuable things to consider which is exactly what I was after.” - Ben Lucas
“More than anything the conversation helped me refocus on experiments and their results as my guide in all this.” - Cam Burley
“I can vouch. Jakob offers great actionable advice that is easy to understand and implement. The amount of value for the price is amazing. Thank you again for your help” - Shoaib Ahmed
“I tested this with Jakob and he gave me some really great ideas on building in public that Im going to use 🙏” - Juho Nenonen
“Wow, what a value packed 18 mins! Thank you so much, it made so much sense and unlocked a lot of things in my brain.” - Narawastu Indrapradna
“Good stuff!” - Paulo Makdisse (founder at Moat.ai)
“Thank you Jakob! I had high expectations and you exceeded them, I really appreciate this! Your advice was even better than I hoped (and I had high hopes!) and I’ll be moving forward with this framework in mind.” - Zachariah Lewis
“This has been extremely helpful. Massive thanks!” - Gabriele Pezzin
“Thank you very much for this. I’m going to do exactly what you suggested […]. No questions right now - I’ll just get moving on your recommendations.” - Callum Birch
“I’m constantly debating which business ideas to pursue. Getting a fresh perspective is so valuable. Your personalized critique helped me clarify my own thoughts. You’ve nudged me towards one of my better ideas, something actually worth pursuing. Can’t imagine a better use of $29.” - John Speed
“The amount of value I got from my microconsulting purchase was unbelievable. When you’re learning how to build a business, you spend so much time trying to read and find information online, but Jakob used his already acquired knowledge and experience to point me in the right direction for my business. He gave me advice on how to better my landing page, gave me ideas on how to experiment with each step in my funnel, gave me ideas on how to market on social media and much more. This purchase will save you so much time. It was $29 but easily hundreds of dollars worth of value.” - Jen
- I’ve built and sold multiple profitable businesses. I’ve also been brainstorming, researching, and sharing business ideas every week for more than two years now.
- I’ve 5 newsletters to 1000+ subscribers and one to 10,000+ subscribers. I’ve experimented with dozens of growth channels, formats, and monetization methods. Along the way I learned a ton about what’s working and what isn’t.
- I’ve grown my Twitter account to 12,000+ followers and made countless invaluable connections along the way. I’ve done this by authentically sharing my journey, not through cheap growth hacks.
- My essays are regularly read by tens of thousands of people.
- I built 5 profitable businesses and made over $100,000 leveraging my web scraping skills. I’m also teaching a popular web scraping course.
I’ll be an honest third-party observer who won’t pull punches.
I love talking with early founders and people who are just starting to figure things out.
I don’t claim to have all the answers and I still have a lot to learn, but I’m happy to share what I’ve learned along the way.
Why I’m offering this
I’ve been getting more and more emails from people asking for advice, feedback, and brainstorming help.
While I always love helping people, my time is obviously limited. So usually I prefer writing blog posts that are potentially read by thousands of people and can keep providing value for many years.
But at the same time, there are many specific questions or problems where it doesn’t make sense to write a blog post.
The second reason why I’ve decided to offer asynchronous micro consulting sessions is that this is something I wish someone had offered this when I was just starting out.
I’m convinced that even just some short feedback from someone one or two steps ahead, could’ve saved me a lot of time and money.
But like most people, I never reached out to people that could’ve helped me.
After all, everyone seems super busy and there was nothing I could offer to them.
So by making things more transactional, I hope to break down this barrier.
I definitely would’ve been happy to pay for someone’s time but it feels kind of weird to just offer this out of the blue.
So this micro consulting offer is really just something I wished had existed when I started my journey.
I really like this! As @jakobgreenfeld says it's more about connecting than revenue and counter-intuitively makes is easier for people to ask questions because there's a structure and clear expectations around doing so. https://t.co/LDD3tFCMnO— Cathy Raffaele 🍏 🥔 (@cathyraffaele) October 7, 2022
This is an experiment and I have absolutely no idea how long I will be offering this.
If I feel like I’m not able to help you, you’ll get a 100% refund.
For asynchronous videos, I expect to dedicate 60 minutes to research and provide a video of my findings.
Promised delivery within one week. Target will be faster, but the promise is one week.