Good questions to ask yourself
“The quality of your life is a direct reflection of the quality of the questions you are asking yourself,” - Tony Robbins in Awaken the Giant.
- In what ways am I sabotaging myself?
- Do I even know what the goal is?
- What am I 100% commited to?
- What’s one decision you can make today that will save you from making ten more decisions in the future? Make the choice that eliminates other choices.
- What choice is the most scary? That is usually the one you need to prioritize. Using the fear as a compass gives you a tool to know what direction you should be moving in.
- If you were reading this twenty five years from today, and reflecting on the events of those twenty five years, what has to have happened in your professional life for you to feel successful?
- Write down all the projects you are working on right now. What is the one thing that, if you had the courage to eliminate it entirely, would make all the others easier?
Evaluating Project Ideas
- Do I have some kind of unfair advantage that would help me pull this off?
- Is there a convincing value prob story?
- Is there a realistic way how you can educate potential customers about your offer? (This requires that you have some understanding who your customers could be and where they hang out online.)
- Is there a proven playbook you could use for this idea? (If someone has done something similar in a different niche before you, success chances are 10x higher, especially for indie makers.)
- Would you proud/excited to tell others about your offer? (This makes marketing so much easier and also increases the odds that people start talking about the project organically.)
- Imagine we meet again in a year in a bar to have a beer together. Q: “So this thing you did, what happened? Why didn’t it work out?”
- Am I living the life I choose for myself?
- Am I off center?
- Does how I spend my time align with what I value?
- Why am I actually doing this work?
- Did I love well?
- Am I utilizing my strengths?
- How can I foster curiosity and compassion?
- Where is there unnecessary struggle?
- What if it were easy?
- What am I avoiding?
- What makes me proud?
North Star Questions
- What does success mean to me?
- If I had 1 year to live, what (if anything) would I change?
- Am I playing the right game?
- What is happiness? (And am I happy?)
- When well I know that I have enough?
- How would life be different if there weren’t criticism in the world?
- Who am I?
- What would you do if you couldn’t fail?
- Who are my people?
- Where are my people?
Written on April 21, 2022
PS: If you're a founder looking for some help in acquiring new customers/clients or a newsletter writer looking to fill ad spots, I'd love to help!
And if you're interested in following my journey, sign up below: