What I learned from Peter Crone about "mind architecting"
- Ego is addicted to being right even if it means continuing living in suffering.
- Performance suffers when we become frustrated or afraid of perceived pressure and fear of failure. An effective way to deal with this is to embrace the worst case scenario. Imagine the worst case scenario had already happened? Could you be okay with that?
- Most people are exhausted trying to get rid of all possible frustrations by perfecting their cicrumstances. This is a futile endeavor. Instead, you can choose to play a different game. Reframe: “Life will present you with people and circumstances to reveal where you’re not free.” The game then becomes: Who can get rid of their fears the quickest?
- “The ego’s number one priority is to be right.”
- “What happened, happened and couldn’t have happened in any other way… because it didn’t.”
- “Life will present you with people and circumstances to reveal where you’re not free.”
- “If it’s not life threatening, it’s just ego threatening.”
- “We arrive with our bucket of fears. And the game is who can get rid of them the quickest.”
- “Can I be comfortable in my own skin regardless of what’s going on around me?’ And that to me is the definition of true success.”
Written on June 4, 2023